Financial contributions to
the Florida Institute of
Research & Education, Inc.
What is the Florida Institute of Research & Education, Inc.?
The Florida Institute of Research & Education, Inc. was formed to:
- increase public awareness of safety activities
- support and conduct nonpartisan research into educational and informational activities to increase public awareness of safety
- provide research and information to emergency services agencies
- provide research and information to foundations and corporate giving programs about the needs of organizations that serve or advocate for emergency response and preparedness and recovery
- sponsor reports, meetings and workshops about how to enhance public safety awareness
- conduct research and education about fire and emergency service topics
- sponsor other services to strengthen the stability of the community
- educate the public about the needs of organizations that provide emergency services
- discuss ways and means for the betterment of the fire service, and the reduction of the unnecessary loss of life and property
In a Nutshell
While these sound like lofty ideals, simply put, the fire and emergency services need research,
education, and training. To accomplish part of this, our organization provides training to all persons involved in emergency service delivery through educational offerings.
Why not just go to an institution of higher education?
There are many reasons. Foremost, the Florida Institute for Research & Education is not
a college or university. While we strive to provide a quality education and meet
standards that meet or exceed those of a brick and mortar institution, we
have the flexibility to provide exactly what the industry or agency needs in a
shorter time frame. We partner with a higher education institution such as the
University of West Florida to provide the best program possible.
Help Others / Help Yourself
The Florida Institute of Research & Education is a 501(c)3 organization as designated
by the Internal Revenue Service and is registered with the Florida Department of State.
As a non-profit organization, contributions to Fire-HELP
are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Services Rules section 501(c)3.
For more information on the Florida Institute of Research & Education, Inc., please contact our organization:
Florida Institute of Research & Education, Inc.
4771 Bayou Boulevard, #200
Pensacola, Florida 32503-1906